VOLUNTEERING – We need your help!
Are you looking to give back to your community? Do you like helping people? Do you enjoy driving & you have spare time?
“ The greatest gift you can give someone is your time.” – John Mulhall
1. The Senior Nutrition Program is looking for volunteers to deliver home-delivered meals. Meal Sites are located in Durand, Pepin, Nelson, Buffalo City, Gilmanton, and Mondovi. The need for drivers varies based on the location.
2. The Transportation Program is looking for volunteers to take individuals to and from medical and non-medical appointments. Appointments vary in length, location, and frequency.
Volunteers choose how, where, and how often they want to serve in their community. Volunteers drivers are reimbursed for mileage when using their own vehicle. There may be some opportunities to use a county vehicle, however no mileage reimbursment is provided if this is the case.
- Click Here to download and complete a Volunteer Application. Please submit you completed application to the email address listed on the application.
- If you don't have a printer and need us to mail or email the documents please contact us at: 1-866-578-2372 or firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a Volunteer Application.
*All Volunteers are required to:
1. Pass a background check
2. Have a valid Driver's License
3. Have adequate car insurance
4. Be at least 18 years old to drive for the Transportation Program or be at least 16 years old to drive for the Nutrition Program.
You will be contacted about your volunteer preferences and to set up an orientation.
Orientation and Training
Orientation and Training will consist of the following (subject to change based on your volunteer job)
- Phone or In-Person Interview
- Volunteer Driver Orientation
In addition to our own volunteer opportunities, we also work with RSVP (Retired & Senior Volunteer Program) for any volunteers that are ages 55 & older. They are a national volunteer program with many additional benefits to our qualified volunteers. We will provide you with additional information on this program at orientation. If you are interested in information before applying or completing orientation, you can contact them at:
Buffalo, Eau Claire, Jackson, Pepin, and Trempealeau Counties www.westerndairyland.org