Disability Benefit Specialists (DBS) provide services to people ages 18-59 with physical disabilities, developmental disabilities, mental illness, and substance abuse disorders, regarding public and private benefits, including assistance with application and appeal procedures. The DBS can help determine which benefit programs you may be entitled to and help you fill out applications for benefits, programs, and services. There is no charge for disability benefit specialist services.
What Programs Can a Disability Benefit Specialist Help With?
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Medicare, including Part D
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Insurance Issues
- Prescription Drug Assistance
- Housing and Utility Issues
How Can a Disability Benefit Specialist Help You?
- Present accurate information on public and private benefits and programs
- Assist in filling out applications for benefits, programs, and services
- Support in obtaining or retaining benefits and services
- Provide referrals, assistance, and support on other matters including disability rights and the impact of earnings on financial eligibility for public benefits
- Discuss formal appeals related to denials of eligibility, termination of benefits, or overpayment of public or private benefits
Please call 1-866-578-2372 for benefit specialist services